Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Feathered - November WIP

So it has been a while. I have been busy and my lovely Bernina has been having a few tantrums so we have been spending some time apart.

I have a number of projects in my head that I want to get around to doing, including; fixing two zips, finish Colette Aster blouse(another month passed without touching it..), Colette Wren in mustard yellow, experiment with bows, leather-look shorts, a couple of new pencil skirts...... there is plenty more!

 Another project that been on the table for a number of years is a shirt dress, and last Christmas, or maybe even the Christmas before, I was given Butterick 5846.

And a few months ago I treated myself to some fabric from Fabric Godmother (my favourite place for fabric at the moment - they are so pretty and so soft!) and got myself some navy cotton with daisies and some green with white feathers - so lovely. They were both always intended for a shirt dress, and finally got round to beginning my Butterick 5846!


I had to line the skirt as the cotton was a bit thin, which is as far as I have got at the moment as I need to work out the front seam of the skirt.

Also fresh on the sewing table is my dress for my Work Christmas party on the 5th December! There isn't much to show at the moment but the whole outfit is self drafted and sparkles are planned!



Is anyone else making a Christmas Party outfit or anything sparkly?
 
Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo looking busy Jenny, I hope to post soon as my brother is building me a desktop! But in answer to your question I will be planning to make my dress for a wedding next year, it needs to be gold so any ideas would be welcome 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold... I have posted a few gold/glitzy dresses on my Pinterest - I will post them to our shared one for a few ideas for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you jenny! Will have a look when my phone isn't being a dick about it! 😃 xxx

    ReplyDelete